Remodeling Your Kitchen with White Cabinets and Countertops: A Style Guide
White is a popular color for both cabinets and countertops. If you have been considering refreshing your kitchen’s style with white cabinets or white countertops, you may be wondering where to start.
Whether you want a traditional look, a contemporary style, a farmhouse look, or a sleek and streamlined kitchen
, white cabinetry is versatile and can add a fresh look to a range of designs. White also helps to make a space look larger and helps to reflect the available light, adding an extra boost of brightness in your prep space.
White Cabinets: What Color Should Your Countertops Be?
The first step is to determine whether you want to use cool tones or warm tones in the color palette of your kitchen. It is also important to determine the look and feel you want to achieve as well as other preferences such as finishes, textural elements, heat, and scratch-resistant surfaces, countertop maintenance, etc.
Your budget will also play a major role in the type of countertop you choose. Popular choices such as laminate, granite, and quartz are great options. When choosing your countertops to go with your white cabinets, you will want to consider the following:
- Choose an overall design theme as well as a cabinet door color and style. This should be done whether you are getting new cabinets, refacing current cabinets, or having a custom cabinet built.
- Decide between cool or warm tones. Once you have chosen this, it will make it easier to choose a countertop color. You can choose to complement or contrast your design.
- After these factors have been determined, you will need to finalize your budget and choose the countertop materials that will work best for your functionality needs.
Popular Countertop Options to Complement White Cabinets
Current trends for countertops options with white cabinets include:
- Grey-black granite – offers a glistening pattern and random veining for a traditional, sophisticated feel.
- White quartz- offer durability, elegance, and can be accented with bright colored accessories.
- Warm, natural tones- blends in seamlessly with white cabinets and looks great with stainless appliances and fixtures.
Ready to Give White Cabinets a Try? Patete Kitchen & Bath Design Center Can Help!
Our expert team of kitchen designers is ready to help you refresh your kitchen or help you build your new space with striking white cabinets! Contact us today
to get started!